SC Board Meets
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
SOUTH CENTRAL CUSD #401
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
November 19, 2018 @ 6:00 P.M.
South Central CUSD 401 Board Actions
- The Board approved the minutes, bills, and treasurer’s report.
- The Board proposed the district Annual Tax Levy.
- The Board heard an overview of the District Annual Statement of Affairs
- The Board heard a report of the District Report Card. Progress was made by all schools toward increasing scores with improvements in curriculum and staff professional development. The district appreciates the efforts of the entire SC School Family including all teachers, staff, parents, and community support. The district did have an IEP subgroup this time that did not reach commendable status. Efforts are underway by staff to decide how to address this issue, when also facing a new testing procedure that will be in place for the current school year.
- The Board approved the District Substitute List as presented.
- Superintendent Kerry Herdes reminded the board of a Fundraiser for Kennah Hiestand that is scheduled for January 25, 2019 at South Central High School to begin at 5:30 p.m. This is a joint venture with the district, SC PTO, church groups, and all area groups that would like to help support Kennah.
- The approved an FMLA Leave of absence for Alan Linder, and a Leave of Absence for Karen Sauter.
- The Board accepted a letter of resignation from Jamie Morris as SCMS Volleyball Coach.
- The Board hired Courtney Kman as a High School Physical Education teacher to begin January 2, 2019 contingent on the completion of all employment requirements being fulfilled.
- The Board approved Amanda Robb as an SCMS Volunteer Asst. Cheer Coach for the 2018-2019 school year.
- The Board also approved Audrey Prusa as a Volunteer Asst. SCHS Girls Basketball Coach for the 2018-2019 school year.
The next school board meeting is set for December 17, 2018.