May Board News
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
SOUTH CENTRAL CUSD #401
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
May 2019 @ 6:00 P.M.
South Central CUSD 401 Board Actions
- The Board approved the Minutes, bills, and treasurer’s report.
- The Board approved the Superintendent to put the amended 2018-2019 budget on display.
- The Board approved renewing its membership with the Illinois Association of School Boards.
- The Board approved a 3 year contract with Affordable Gas and Electric for electrical services for a 3 year period effective June 1, 2020.
- The Board approved the second reading of the IASB Press Policy updates and adopted changes.
- The Board approved using the Personal Transportation Agreement as presented.
- The Board approved going out for bids for district food and fuel bids.
- The Board approved field trips for FFA to 2019 Chapter Officer Retreat in Pocahontas on June 26-27. The Board also approved a field trip for FBLA Summer Leadership Workshop in Springfield on July 16-19.
- The Board approved an FMLA leave for Tracy King starting April 16.
- The Board approved the pay scale for support staff and and substitute teacher pay rates effective July 1, 2019.
- The Board approved raises for Union Support Staff, Non-Union ESP Personnel, District Admin staff, and a Tentative agreement with the South Central Education Association per salary proposal sheet for the 2019-2020 school year.
- The Board approved resignations from Ted Kerner and Stephanie Jones as SCMS baseball and SCHS yearbook sponsor.
The next school board meeting will be June 19.