Future Business Leaders of America
Adviser: Ms. Lynn Smith
Future Business Leaders of America is one of the longest running organizations in our nation.South Central High School FBLA has held many area and state office positions throughout the years making our presence known throughout the state. Fifty members strong this year, we look forward to having many successful activities and many victories at our competitions.
The national FBLA mission statement is:
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
- Food drive for area food pantries
- Community service
- Helping food pantries during giveaways
- Raking leaves for the elderly
- Adopt-a-Family at Christmas
- School supply boxes
- Project Linus
- Puffin Pastry Fundraiser
- Drive One 4UR School
- Dodge ball tournament
- Purple basketball games to raise money for the March of Dimes
- Promote FBLA week - Crush sales
- Compete at Area, State and National Conferences