SOUTH CENTRAL CUSD 401
Thursday, October 18, 2018
SOUTH CENTRAL CUSD #401
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
October 17, 2018 @ 6:00 P.M.
South Central CUSD 401 Board Actions
- The Board approved the Minutes, bills, and treasurer’s report.
- The board heard the annual audit report from Fred Becker of Glass and Shuffett with the assistance of Superintendent Kerry Herdes. Fred Becker was very complimentary of the Unit Office staff as there were no negative findings.The District has improved its ISBE Financial Score to a 3.70 Recognition status. Last year it was at a 3.45 Review status.
- The Board heard reports from High School Student Services Director Danielle Chasteen and School Counselor Lindsay Lash about their respective buildings and meeting the needs of the students in the district. Together Mrs. Chasteen and Mrs. Lash are helping to meet district social and emotional goals. Superintendent Kerry Herdes complimented both on doing a great job of working with teachers, staff, and administration to address student needs in any areas they need assistance. The district is always looking for innovative ideas and refined practices to reach their social and emotional goals as outlined by the Districts Strategic Plan. Together Mrs. Chasteen and Mrs. Lash are leading programs that help meet current goals and even set new ones.
- The Board approved putting the 1% Fayette County Sales Tax on the April ballot so that proceeds from the tax can go directly towards improving school facility purposes if approved.
- The Board approved an interfund loan to Working Cash to replenish to amount used to pay for construction on CDB projects.
- The Board approved and irrevocable letter of retirement from Roseanne Harshbarger to be effective the 2022-23 school year.
- The Board hire Billy Johnston as a High School custodian.
- The Board granted FMLA to Melissa Gramlick starting November 13, 2018.
- The Board approved Danielle Chasteen as Sophomore Class Sponsor. They also approved Stephanie Jones as High School Yearbook Sponsor.
- The approved Stephen Robb and Ean Fox as Volunteer Assistants for High School Boys Basketball.
The next school board meeting is set for November 19, 2018.