SC Board Meets
Friday, October 05, 2018
SOUTH CENTRAL CUSD #401
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
September 19, 2018 @ 6:00 P.M.
South Central CUSD 401 Board Actions
- The Board approved the Minutes, bills, and treasurer’s report.
- The board heard that it received the final CDB payment from Superintendent Kerry Herdes. The state reimbursed the district the amount of $879,000 to pay back monies borrowed from the Education Fund and Working Cash fund.
- The Board also approved a budget recommended by Superintendent Herdes for the 2018-2019 school year with an ending balance of just over a positive $72,000.
- The Board accepted a letter of resignation from Jeremy Mulvaney as a support staff member.
- The Board approved a Leave of Absence for Tracy Hulsey, Christy Uphold, and Denise Webb.
- The Board hired Karrie Sexton as a Bus Aide and Crystal Russell as a Teacher’s Aide for SCES.
- The Board hired the following for coaching positions: SCMS Boys Basketball Coach-Ethan Maxey, SCMS Girls Basketball Coach-Haylee Neilson, SCHS Girls Basketball-Breanne Swartzlander, Bre Milano-SCMS Cheer Coach
- The Board approved the following Volunteer Coaches: Brandon Swartzlander SCHS Girls Basketball, Larry Maxey SCMS Basketball Coach, Abigail Taylor-SCHS Girls Basketball Coach
- The Board heard a report on Fayette County discussing the 1% Sales tax and what it could be used for.
- The Board approved a Single audit with Glass and Shuffett.
- The Board approved the hazardous conditions letter for 2018-2019.
- The Board approved the OKAW resolution.
- The Board approved the District Salary reports for 2017-2018.
- The Board approved field trips for a variety of clubs FFA and FBLA and others.
Next Board meeting is October 17, 2018.