SOUTH CENTRAL CUSD #401
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
June 17, 2020 @ 6:05 P.M.
South Central CUSD 401 Board Action
- The Board approved the Minutes, bills and treasurer’s report.
· The Board approved the 2019-2020 budget amendment as presented with an overall updated deficit of just over 67,000.
· The Board agreed to hire Robbins/Schwartz as school attorneys for South Central effective June 17, 2020.
· The Board appointed Rob Jones to be the KSED board representative for a 2 year term to work along with Superintendent Kerry Herdes to represent South Central.
· The Board heard more details about the upcoming drive in graduation ceremonies scheduled for June 26th. Information will be sent out to all in the very near future. All ceremonies will be help at South Central High School in Farina.
· The Board hired Donna Horath as an Assistant Bookkeeper effective July 1, 2020.
· The Board hired Alex Phillips as a special education teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
· The Board hired Megan Murphree as Head High School volleyball coach for South Central High School effective the 2020-2021 school year.
· The Board approved a 4 year contract extension for Superintendent Kerry Herdes, and all building Principals to extend to June 30, 2025.
· The Board approved the pay scale for support staff and substitute teacher rates effective July 1, 2020.
· The Board approved raises for Certified personnel covered by the Teacher’s Contract for the 2020-2021 school year per salary proposals sheet.
· The Board approved raises for Non-certified personnel covered by Support Staff Federation contract for the 2020-2021 school year per salary proposals sheet.
· The Board approved raises for all administrators and non-union ESP personnel and support staff for the 2020-2021 school year per salary proposal sheet.
The next regular board meeting will be held on July 15, 2020