May 2020 Board News
Thursday, May 21, 2020
SOUTH CENTRAL CUSD #401
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
May 20, 2020 @ 6:00 P.M.
South Central CUSD 401 Board Actions
- The Board approved the minutes, bills, and treasurer’s report.
- The Board approved the 2nd reading of the Press Policy updates for March 2020.
- The Board approved putting the amended budget for 2019-2020 on display for 30 days. The board was pleased the amended budget improved from a beginning balance having a deficit of over $150,000 in September to a deficit of just $36,000 by the May Board meeting.
- The Board approved the district to go out for bids on food, bread, and milk.
- The Board approved the Illinois Association of School Board renewal for membership for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The Board approved the following hires: Curtis Thompson-H.S. Industrial Arts Teacher, Dakota Koehnke-M.S. Head Boys Basketball Coach, Kylie Holmes-M.S. Head Cheerleading Coach, Kanady Grezgorek and Shelby McCarty-Head H.S. Cheerleading Coaches. All were hired for the 20-21 school year.
- The Board accepted the resignation of Brooke Bayles as a 5th/6th Special Education Teacher effective May 15, 2020.
Next School Board meeting is June 17, 2020.